The global pandemic has tested the adaptability for businesses around the globe. While many companies are settling into a new reality and beginning to ramp up again, others may be faced with idling their operations if the number of COVID cases continue to increase dramatically. This pandemic is unpredictable and being prepared is more important now than ever.
What if you had a managed labor solution where the workers you needed were ready to work? The workers, with training materials and trainers, and floor-level coaches to help drive performance. It’s what we do every day at Insource.
While trying to keep your business prepared for anything, it’s important to stay focused on what’s happening now. If you have more orders to fill than staff to do the work, you typically send the request out to the temp agency for more people. But when that temp shows up over the next few days, are they ready to work safely and efficiently? We find that while most are excited to get back to work, they aren’t as ready as you need them to be.
This is where Insource steps in. Unlike temps, our performance-based business model gives us the confidence to be accountable for our results. We’ve helped several businesses during this challenging time by incorporating COVID safety precautions into their daily operations while helping them staff back up at a lower cost and with better productivity and quality results.
For more information on what you can do to help prepare your business for the now and the future, chat with one of our experts today.
Here are some general thoughts to keep in mind when assessing and communicating the current state of your business:
- Make sure your employees are staying safe. Share, track, or test employee and manager understanding of health/safety policies and new COVID related hygiene routines.
- Help managers lead through change. Coach managers with timely, data-driven nudges and resources to keep their blended teams productive and engaged, whatever the situation.
- New COVID updates are released almost on a daily basis. Deliver company updates in a timely fashion and to the right people - those who are able to make departmental and company-wide updates in an efficient and timely manner.
- Notify departments and teams in a consistent manner and format. It might take a team effort to ramp up, but it doesn’t need to be hard. Efficiently communicate with Operations, IT, Legal, OH&S, Finance, Facility management and Security to ensure a smooth return.
- Human connection goes a long way. While the world is going more virtual, remember to stay connected with floor-level associates, supervisors, contract staff, and remote workers.